Here we have a wine that comes to us from S. João da Pesqueira, Oscar Quevedo, the owner, the producer has kept his small property - Quinta do Vale de - for the production of this beautiful vintage. As soon as you taste it, you will immediately understand the reason for this opción: An unforgettable Port Wine.
Here is a Vintage Port wine which presents us with an intense ruby color with some mauve reflections. Its nose is concentrated with aromas of cherry and red berries just picked, with notes of tropical fruit and violet. A vintage Porto with great density on the palate where the tannins are dominated by concentrated fruit. We confirm the structure and a nice alcohol-sugar balance.
A very elegant Vintage Port 92 points Parker wine, with great aromatic persistence and a fresh finish with aromas of ripe fruit.
- Grapes : Touriga Nacional 25%, Touriga Franca 25%, Tinta Roriz 18%, Tinta Cao 8%, Tinta Barroca 8% and others 16%
- Production Zone : São João da Pesqueira
- Producer : Quevedo
- Port Wine Type : Vintage
- Soil type : Schist
- Harvest : Hand-picked grapes, totally scratched grapes
- Vineyard average age : More than 80 years
- Vinification : Grapes totally scuffed. Slow fermentation with temperature control
- Ageing : Aging in oak barrels
- Alcohol : 19.5%
- Tasting advice : For this large bottle - which must be drunk completely once opened - we recommend a tasting after coffee, the culmination of the meal. You can also start enjoying it for dessert, especially on a chocolate cake
- Year : 2013
- Treading : on foot
- Packaging : Bottle 75cl
- Wine Advocate (Robert Parker) : 92 pts
- Colour : Ruby