Technical wine sheet
The Casa Santa Eufémia Tawny has a light garnet color with brownish hues, clear and bright.
On the nose, it is complex, with aromas of dried fruits such as walnuts, hazelnuts, dried apricots and dehydrated figs, complemented by subtle hints of leather.
On the palate, it reveals a perfect balance between the freshness and the alcohol. Some oxidative notes of peeled quince are also present. This Tawny is "young", with an acidity that overpowers alcohol and sugar, making it very versatile.
It is at its optimal point for consumption, but it can still be aged for a few more years in the cellar.
Overall, the Casa Santa Eufémia Tawny is a well-balanced and complex Port wine with a refined aroma and flavor profile. It is an excellent choice for those who appreciate a versatile and sophisticated Tawny.
- Grapes : Old Vines
- Production Zone : Parada do Bispo
- Producer : Casa de Santa Eufémia
- Port Wine Type : Tawny
- Soil type : Schist
- Harvest : Manual
- Vineyard average age : More than 25 years
- Vinification : Vinification (foot) in lagares (large vats of stone) with fermentation of 5 days between 22 ° and 25 ° C
- Ageing : Natural decantation of 6 months in stainless steel tanks then 4 years of aging in oak barrel before bottling
- Alcohol : 20%
- Packaging : Bottle 75cl
- Colour : Red
- Consume : Drink / Hold