Technical wine sheet
Casa Vieira de Sousa has been enriched by welcoming the young generation, represented in here by Luísa. Knowledgeable and competent, she serves us this Tawny as only the largest and oldest houses can afford to present such a rich Tawny wine.The prestigious Port wines that have slept for generations in the large and rich cellars of the manor are not strangers to this fact.
Porto Tawny is a blend of different lots aged 5 to 10 years old that seduces with a beautiful ruby color with orange reflections. Its very pretty nose is marked by dried fruits and plum on spicy notes. In the mouth it is very elegant with a nice balance between sugar and tannins. Its finish is fresh and fruity with great length.
- Grapes : Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca, Tinta Roriz, Tinta Cao
- Production Zone : Celeirós
- Producer : Vieira de Sousa
- Port Wine Type : Tawny
- Soil type : Schist
- Harvest : Manual
- Vineyard average age : More than 30 years
- Vinification : by foot in large stone vats
- Ageing : 5 to 10 years in casks and oak barrels
- Alcohol : 20%
- Tasting advice : Bottle to store upright and consume quickly after opening. To taste at a temperature of 12 to 14 degrees, as an aperitif or dessert.
- Packaging : Bottle 75cl
- Colour : Red