Technical wine sheet
Intense dark ruby, bright and clean. Amazing ripe fruit, intense, fresh and complex, eucalyptus notes, chocolate, coffee and spices. Delicious fruit, complexity, elegante and full of finesse, fat, and smooth and structured tannins. An incredible persistent long finish.
- Grapes : Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca, Tinta Barroca and Tinta Roriz
- Producer : Quinta do Silval
- Port Wine Type : Vintage
- Soil type : Schist
- Vineyard average age : More than 30 years
- Vinification : The grapes are carefully selected when harvested as at the entrance to the winery. Alcoholic fermentation in a lagar at a controlled temperature and fortified with local brandy at 77%.
- Ageing : 2 years with controlled temperature in stainless steel vats where it softens and matures without losing its freshness. Unfiltered.
- Alcohol : 20%
- Tasting advice : To drink (at a temperature of 12 to 16 °) as an aperitif or dessert. Excellent accompaniment for hard cheeses as well as all sorts of desserts based on chocolate, preferably dark.
- Year : 2017
- Packaging : Bottle 75cl
- Wine Advocate (Robert Parker) : 94 pts
- Consume : Drink