Technical wine sheet
A friend of the wine expert wisely guided the Selection Committee to the producer of this magnificent 2016 Vintage Port from Quinta de S. José, immediately approved and classified with a high rating. A small production that should run out quickly. A Port Vintage simply compulsory.
This Port has an intense purple color. Very concentrated nose, predominantly very ripe black fruit, especially blackcurrant with also floral notes. Very balanced on the palate with great amplitude, a perfect balance between sugar and alcohol, a nice acidity which magnifies the fruit and very fine tannins which flesh out the structure. Very long, fresh and fruity finish. An exuberant Port that really stands out.
- Grapes : Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca, Sousão, Tinta Roriz
- Production Zone : São João da Pesqueira
- Producer : Quinta de São José
- Port Wine Type : Vintage
- Soil type : Schist
- Harvest : Handmatig per 25 kg mand, met oogst op volwassen leeftijd, ideaal voor het bevorderen van hogere aromatische en polyfenolische concentraties
- Vinification : The grapes are cooled overnight at 10 ° C and sorted. Only half of the harvest is preserved. Maceration and fermentation by pressing (foot) for 6 hours a day for 5 days in lagares (large stone vats).
- Ageing : Partly in oak barrels and partly in stainless steel tanks before bottling (made in July 2018)
- Alcohol : 19.5%
- Tasting advice : Bottle to be stored lying down, in the cool and in the shelter of the light. To be consumed within 48 hours after opening. Do not decant.
- Year : 2016
- Packaging : Bottle 75cl