PORT MESSIAS VINTAGE 2003
Technical wine sheet
Full bodied, fine aroma and taste, remarkable notes of wild ripped fruits and a subtle and pleasant vanilla touch, gained when the maturation in old used barrels.
At taste we may find tannins of great personality, smoothness and excellent inside nose effects. Pleasant and long after taste. It is a great vintage for its elegance and structure; We may drink it now or latter following its evolution in the bottle.
- Grapes : Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca, Tinto Cão, Tinta Barroca and Tinta Roriz
- Producer : Soc. Agric. Com. Vinhos Messias, SA
- Port Wine Type : Vintage
- Soil type : Schist
- Vinification : Partial de-stemming, fermentation at controlled temperature (24º-28º.C), when must reached the desired sweetness value, fermentation was interrupted by the add of brandy
- Ageing : following a period of maturation in oak barrels, in the warehouses of Vila Nova de Gaia; after approval was then bottled between the second and third year.
- Alcohol : 19.5%
- Tasting advice : To drink (at a temperature of 16 to 18 °) as an aperitif or dessert
- Packaging : Bottle 75cl
- Colour : Red
- Total acidity : 4,43 g/l in tartaric acid
- Residual Sugar : 94,5 g/l
- Enologist : Carlos Soeiro
- Consume : Drink / Hold